Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Whatcha Reading Wednesday

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hey, bookworms! This one's for you! Hosted by Busy Moms Who Love to Read, this is just a fun little thing to share a tidbit from what you're reading.

Here's how it works:
Grab the book you're currently reading and open it to a random page. Choose a random spot on the page (I close my eyes and point LOL), and select two full sentences. Make a post (or just leave a comment, if you'd prefer) with the two sentences you selected. Include the page number and title and author of the book. If, by some odd chance, your two sentences have the possibility of spoiling the story for someone (say, it happens to name the death of a character or reveals a surprise twist), make sure to include **Spoiler Alert** before you share the sentences – that way anyone who'd rather not have it spoiled can opt to skip it! ;-) Then link up on the MckLinky provided! :-)

Here's mine for the week:
More accurately, it was probably the fact that I was someone who spent so much of her time reading, standing apart, and observing that made me hold myself aloof. If I was, indeed, influenced by the literary heroines I loved, it was in the low-level way of wanting to remain in a heady state of becoming, rather than "settling down" or "for." ~ Page 97 in Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading by Maureen Corrigan


MckLinky Blog Hop




Photobucket

4 comments:

Helga April 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

I just became a follower on your new blog :o) I look forward to reading more!

ham1299 April 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Thank you, Helga! :-) Your support means a LOT to me! <3

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

I totally want to read this book now!!!

ham1299 April 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

So far, it's not quite what I'd expected. I'm hoping it holds my attention better as I get further into it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP