Book 2 Reel Wednesday
>> Thursday, April 22, 2010
This is hosted by Lori over on Escape Between the Pages, and looked like fun. While I don't see myself doing this every week, I do think that – given that I finished a recent movie-inspiring book – this is the perfect timing for me to do this! Every week she shares a book and posts the trailer from the movie. So, here I go! (Book description is from Goodreads.com.)
Audrey Niffenegger's innovative debut, The Time Traveler's Wife, is the story of Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.
The Time Traveler’s Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's marriage and their passionate love for each other, as the story unfolds from both points of view. Clare and Henry attempt to live normal lives, pursuing familiar goals – steady jobs, good friends, children of their own. All of this is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control, making their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.
When I saw the trailer, I knew I had to see the movie. I was disappointed in the movie, though. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was as good as the trailer promised. I hadn't yet read the book. As you know (unless you're new here), I just finished this book YESTERDAY. It was PHENOMENAL! You can read my review if you want. I think I want to see the movie again, now that I have the "full" story!
Audrey Niffenegger's innovative debut, The Time Traveler's Wife, is the story of Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.
The Time Traveler’s Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's marriage and their passionate love for each other, as the story unfolds from both points of view. Clare and Henry attempt to live normal lives, pursuing familiar goals – steady jobs, good friends, children of their own. All of this is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control, making their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.
When I saw the trailer, I knew I had to see the movie. I was disappointed in the movie, though. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was as good as the trailer promised. I hadn't yet read the book. As you know (unless you're new here), I just finished this book YESTERDAY. It was PHENOMENAL! You can read my review if you want. I think I want to see the movie again, now that I have the "full" story!








3 comments:
I have heard good things about this book. The trailer looks amazing...Is it a tear jerker?
Yeah I totally agree with you about the movie, I was a little disappointed. I was kind of confused, but once I understood it got a lot better. I did cry a lot. I'm glad you liked the book. I bought it right after the movie, so I can't wait to read it! :)
Lori ~ Oh, yes! This is a tear-jerker for sure! I think the movie was more of one - at least for me.
Sara ~ I liked the book a TON better. (In case you hadn't figure that out! LOL) I want to see the movie again now that I've read it!
Post a Comment