Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

On My Wish List, Part 2

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own "On My Wishlist" post. If you want to know more click here.
Idea inspired by The Story Siren. All descriptions are from Goodreads.com.

The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States by Benjamin F. Morris

I can't remember when or how I first heard of this one, but it's been on my wish list for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I can't find a description anywhere online (at least not on my usual channels: goodreads, Google books, Amazon), so I cannot give you one. What I do know is that it clearly outlines the Christian background that our great country was built on – the history of the United States that so many seem determined to keep most Americans in the dark about. I believe this book is out of print, as it is VERY hard to find!


Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

 This is the first in a series of books that inspired the Showtime TV show Dexter, which my husband and I both LOVE! I have no idea how close the show is to the movie, but I don't care. I wanna read it! Generally speaking, when there's a show/movie I like that I wasn't aware of there being a book beforehand, well, I MUST read it! Now, to find time – and the money ...

Meet Dexter Morgan, a polite wolf in sheep's clothing. He is handsome and charming, but something in his past has made him abide by a different set of rules. He s a serial killer whose one golden rule makes him immensely likeable: he only kills bad people. And his job as a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department puts him in the perfect position to identify his victims. But when a series of brutal murders bearing a striking similarity to his own style start turning up, Dexter is caught between being flattered and being frightened -- of himself or some other fiend.

Heart of the Matterby Emily Giffin

I read the other books by Emily Giffin last summer and LOVED (or at least REALLY LIKED) them all. But, as with most other books, I'll wait for paperback. For some reason, I have a pretty strong preference for paperback. Perhaps one day I'll post about that.

Tessa Russo is the mother of two young children and the wife of a renowned pediatric surgeon.  Despite her own mother's warnings, Tessa has recently given up her career to focus on her family and the pursuit of domestic happiness. From the outside, she seems destined to live a charmed life.

Valerie Anderson is an attorney and single mother to six-year-old Charlie--a boy who has never known his father.  After too many disappointments, she has given up on romance--and even to some degree, friendships--believing that it is always safer not to expect too much.

Although both women live in the same Boston suburb, the two have relatively little in common aside from a fierce love for their children.  But one night, a tragic accident causes their lives to converge in ways no one could have imagined. 

In alternating, pitch-perfect points of view, Emily Giffin creates a moving, luminous story of good people caught in untenable circumstances. Each being tested in ways they never thought possible. Each questioning everything they once believed. And each ultimately discovering what truly matters most.


OK. I showed you mine. Now it's your turn ...

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP