Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Review: Water for Elephants

>> Thursday, April 15, 2010

Water for Elephants Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I am so glad I finally read the book. While I find the cover not very appealing (which, for me, can matter – it took me a year to finally get beyond the cover), the story is AWESOME!

The characters were quite interesting, the plot was engaging – this was one book that had me from Page 1. I didn't find myself able to guess a lot of the surprises in the plot, which is a nice change.

This was one of those books that I couldn't read fast enough, but didn't want to read too fast. One of those books that I couldn't wait to see how things play out, but I wanted to savor every page. I know I will read this one again.

Get your own copy of Water for Elephants HERE.

View all my reviews >>

Photobucket

4 comments:

MrsJenB April 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

This is a book I have seen everywhere and have yet to pick up. Next time I'm on the lookout for a new read I'll have to pick this up! But at the moment I'm reading two books so now is not that time :-)

I'm so glad you helped me find your book blog!

ham1299 April 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

I dragged my feet with this one - big time! I avoided it like the plague - all because I just don't like the cover! LOL I was prepared to be disappointed, I guess. It was EXCELLENT. Definitely something I HIGHLY recommend. I, personally, cannot read more than one piece of fiction at a time, so I totally understand waiting! ;-) Thank you for coming to my book blog - I'm glad you're liking it! :-)

Jennifer April 16, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

This book has been languishing in my TBR for a good year and a half, I think. And you are right - the cover has put me off a bit. I've heard wonderful things about the story, but I've just had no interest in picking it up! You are making me reconsider, though!!

I am curious what you think of Time Traveler's Wife! It's a wild ride, but I liked it!

ham1299 April 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was put off by the cover! After having read the book, I know it's fitting, but it did the opposite of what covers are supposed to do! I'm glad I finally read it, though. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finally read it!

So far, I am loving Time Traveler's Wife. I'm not very far into it, but I am glad I finally started it! This is another one that'd been sitting around for at least several months!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP