On My Wish List, Part 1
>> Saturday, April 10, 2010
There is a fun meme going around amongst book bloggers that I finally discovered when reading Christie's blog over at The Fiction Enthusiast. It seems pretty straight-forward, but I'll still explain. Many – if not most – avid readers have a L-O-N-G list of books they want to get – and read, of course. I am no exception. Heck, I have TONS of books I fully intend to read but just haven't found the time to read. Anyway, Book Chick City has a weekly post sharing books on her wish list, and invites others to join in the fun. And, so I am happy to accept the invitation. Now, the hard part is deciding which books to share first ...
I have wanted to read this ever since I saw the movie! The only problem is it's a series with several volumes, and I can't afford the whole series as of yet! ;-)
His memory is a blank. He only knows he was fished out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets. There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hop. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initials: "J.B.". And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne. But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.
The Crystal Cave (Merlin #1) (Arthurian Saga #1)
A friend of mine highly recommended this to me. And this is a genre I tend to love! :-)
Mary Stewart tells the Arthurian legend in her own unique way, bringing to life one of the world's greatest legends and mysteries, shedding a fascinating new light on the turbulence and mystery of fifth-century Britain. An enthralling work, Ms. Stewart once again reveals those qualities of suspense and romantic adventure that have made her one of the world's most widely read novelists.
Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, Book 1)
My sister HIGHLY recommends this one, and we have similar tastes in books.
"For a thousand years, the people of Alera have united against the aggressive and threatening races that inhabit the world, using their unique bond with the furies - elementals of earth, air, fire, water, and metal. But now, Gaius Sextus, First Lord of Alera, grows old and lacks an heir. Ambitious High Lords plot and maneuver to place their Houses in positions of power, and a war of succession looms on the horizon." "Far from city politics in the Calderon Valley, the boy Tavi struggles with his lack of furycrafting. At fifteen, he has no wind fury to help him fly, no fire fury to light his lamps. Yet as the Alerans' most savage enemy - the Marat - return to the Valley, he will discover that his destiny is much greater than he could ever imagine." Caught in a storm of deadly wind furies, Tavi saves the life of a runaway slave named Amara. But she is actually a spy for Gaius Sextus, sent to the Valley to gather intelligence on traitors to the Crown, who may be in league with the barbaric Marat horde. And when the Valley erupts in chaos - when rebels war with loyalists and furies clash with furies - Amara will find Tavi's courage and resourcefulness to be a power greater than any fury - one that could turn the tides of war.
All descriptions are from Goodreads.









7 comments:
I hope that when you get the books, you will enjoy them. I love the Borne movies, but never read the books. Here's mine.
O-M-Gosh. You HAVE to read the Crystal Cavern. It's AWESOME. I'm on book 3 right now and they're all just as good as that first one. You should definitely try to start that one soon! That's JMO of course. ;-)
Lori ~ I LOVE those movies, too. And I am just so curious about what details are missing from the books, ya know?
Chris ~ LOL I know. You're the friend I was referring to! ;-)
Hi, welcome to On My Wishlist, glad you are joining in! I like all the books on your list. I have Furies of Calderon on my shelf I just haven't got around to reading this series yet :)
These look like really good books. My poor TBR pile, lol. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for becoming my 100th follower:)
I finished reading The Bourne Identity about a month ago. I can honestly say that while the book was ok, the movie was MUCH better. If you do read The Bourne Identity, keep in mind that it was written in the early 1970s so it has a really "old" feel to it. I have a review of the book HERE if you want to read it.
Jim Butcher is definitely on my TBR list. I keep hearing great things about him.
My sister speaks VERY highly of Jim Butcher, especially the Codex Alera books! She's got good taste, so I can't wait to read it, either! ;-)
Carin ~ Ahh, I wasn't aware of when it was written! That can definitely make a difference with how it reads. I'll have to make sure to keep that in mind when I finally get to read it!
Post a Comment