Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Teaser Tuesday ~ 4/27

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's mine:
When it comes to the subject of loving a man – any of the men in your life – we need far more than a chapter. A book would barely feel sufficient. ~ Page 150 in Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge
If you wanna participate, please just leave a comment with your teaser! :-) Or, if you post it on your own blog, please share a link so I can come read yours! :-) This is a fun way to help find more great reads to add to the ever-growing to-read list! ;-)

Photobucket

16 comments:

Marg April 27, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

How many hundreds of book have been written about that subject?


My teaser if here

Beth April 27, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

How true! Here is my teaser for this week.

Jan von Harz April 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM  

So how many men are we talking? This sounds well Captivating. Great teaser.

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 5:53 AM  

Ha! Very true. Good teaser.

Nise' April 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Very true. It has been awhile since I've read this NF classic!

Michelle April 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Great teaser. I have this book, but have yet to complete it.

My `Teaser` is up.

Alayne April 27, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Great teaser and I love your spring-timey background! I have two more teasers this week at The Crowded Leaf.

ham1299 April 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Alayne ~ Thank you!

Jan ~ LOL I haven't read that part yet. I'll get back to you! ;-)

Book Sake April 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Very interesting & nice teaser from this book!

My teaser is from Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side at BookSake.

Angela @ Reading Angels April 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Great teaser. And very true. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Cecelia April 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Mmm...this sounds deep. Hope it's a good read all the way through. Great teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Christina T April 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Good teaser. I've heard this is a good book but haven't read it. I hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

When day begins to break
I count my blessing,s good and bad,
Being wakeful for your sake,
Remembering the covenant we've always had,
What eagle look your face still shows,
While up from my heart's root
So great a sweetness flows
I shake from head to foot.

I always forget about this one!! I posted this on my blog too!!

ham1299 April 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

Oooh, love it, Namine! What's it from?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP