Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

A-Z Wednesdays

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010



This is hosted over on Reading at the Beach.

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.

Post the following:

1~ a photo of the book

2~ title and synopsis

3~ link (amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment. (We all love comments, don't we?)

Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEK'S LETTER IS: "N"

My book is:
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Summary (from Goodreads):
Jodi Picoult's 14th novel, Nineteen Minutes, deals with the truth and consequences of a smalltown high-school shooting. Set in Sterling, New Hampshire, Picoult offers a glimpse of what would cause a 17-year-old to wake up one day, load his backpack with four guns, and kill nine students and one teacher in the span of nineteen minutes. As with any Picoult novel, the answers are never black and white, and it is her exceptional ability to blur the lines between right and wrong that make this author such a captivating storyteller.
On Peter Houghton's first day of kindergarten, he watched helplessly as an older boy ripped his lunch box out of his hands and threw it out the window. From that day on, his life was a series of humiliations, from having his pants pulled down in the cafeteria, to being called a freak at every turn. But can endless bullying justify murder? As Picoult attempts to answer this question, she shows us all sides of the equation, from the ruthless jock who loses his ability to speak after being shot in the head, to the mother who both blames and pities herself for producing what most would call a monster. Surrounding Peter's story is that of Josie Cornier, a former friend whose acceptance into the popular crowd hangs on a string that makes it impossible for her to reconcile her beliefs with her actions.
I seem to be on a Jodi Picoult kick! LOL This is yet another one I read before I started writing reviews. I gave it 5 stars, but didn't write anything about it. I do remember that it was VERY good and VERY thought-provoking.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Beth May 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM  

Sounds like a very intense read. Here is my "N" book.

Laurel-Rain Snow May 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

OMG, we picked the same book! lol

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday_11.html

Nise' May 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I read rave reviews about Jodi's books, but have yet to read one.

Sherrie May 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Hi!
I like Jodi Picoult books, but have to be in the mood for them. This one sounds great. I'll be adding this to my TBR list. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday.html

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

I love Jodi Picoult!

Thanks for playing!

jlshall May 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

I must be one of the half dozen or so people on the planet who haven't read anything by Jodi Picoult! And I really want to remedy that situation soon, but this one might be a little too intense for me. Sounds intriguing, though!

ham1299 May 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

I hadn't read any Jodi Picoult until about this time last year. She is VERY good. VERY.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP