Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

A-Z Wednesdays

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010



This is hosted over on Reading at the Beach.

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.

Post the following:

1~ a photo of the book

2~ title and synopsis

3~ link (amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment. (We all love comments, don't we?)

Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEK'S LETTER IS: "M "

My book is:
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Summary (from Goodreads):
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate -- a life and a role that she has never challenged...until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister -- and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.
My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life, even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less? Should you follow your own heart, or let others lead you? Once again, in My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult tackles a controversial real-life subject with grace, wisdom, and sensitivity. An amazing read and an incredible experience.
This is another book I read before I really started actually reviewing them. I liked it eough to give it 5 stars, though. It was VERY good – MUCH better than the movie, which I felt was a disappointment.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Loren May 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

This movie was so hard to watch as I had just lost my Daddy to lung cancer days prior to seeing it....I haven't read the book and am waiting a little longer until the grieving time has gone further.

This sounds like a fun meme though!

Beth May 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

I don't think I could read this. Here is my "M" book.

Michelle May 5, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Don't know if I could read this without crying.
That must be rough being a teen and going through those issues.

My `M` is up

http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/05/mind-of-christ-by-tw-hunt.html

Laurel-Rain Snow May 5, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

Oh, I loved this book...but then again, I read every Picoult book I can get my hands on.

Good pick!

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday.html

Nise' May 5, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

I have yet to read one of Jodi Picoult's books. I have a couple on the shelves.

Anonymous,  May 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

I've been wanting to read this book.

Thanks for playing!

jlshall May 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

I've never been able to stick with anything by Picoult for more than a few pages - just a little too intense for me, I think. This one has me interested, though.
My "M" book is a real oldie.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP