Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Blogger Appreciation Day: April 2010

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

If you follow both of my blogs, you already have an idea what this is about, as I posted this a few hours ago over on Ramblings & More. For those who don't, here's the scoop (all is copied from there, except the rankings, of course):

What a great way to say THANK YOU to those who have sent readers your way! This is something started by Kelli at 3 Boys & a Dog.

Here’s how it works:

  1. Go into your tracking service (I use Google Analytics) and set the time period for April 1st – April 30th.
  2. Find the sites that have referred readers to you and put them in order from most sends to lowest.
  3. Write a post (like this one) listing your top 10 referrers.
  4. Link that post up in Kelli's MckLinky HERE.
It would be appreciated if you could link back to this post, you know – return the favor! ;-)

Without further ado ...

THANK YOU to ALL of my referrers, especially April's TOP TEN:
  1. Ramblings & More ~ 6 Visits (Yes, this is my other blog. The one I used to put book reviews and giveaways on. I still think it counts – at least this month, the first month of Proud Book Nerd's life, when a Top Ten anything is a bit hard to do. If this ends up being a recurring trend, I'll skip this one in future rankings.)
  2. Networked Blogs ~ 4 Visits (Yes, I know. This is a Facebook App. Right now, it's necessary, as there aren't a full ten blogs listed as referrers in April. Given that PBN was born a few days into April, I'm not surprised.)
  3. Book Chick City ~ 3 Visits
  4. Michael J. Sullivan ~ 2 Visits ***TIED with #5 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  5. She Is Too Fond of Books ~ 2 Visits ***TIED with #4 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  6. Whimsical Musings and More ~ 1 Visit ***TIED with #7-10 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  7. FROGs ~ 1 Visit ***TIED with #6, 8-10 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  8. The Fiction Enthusiast ~ 1 Visit ***TIED with #6-7, 9-10 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  9. The King's Court IV ~ 1 Visit ***TIED with #7-8, 10 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
  10. Top Mommy Blogs ~ 1 Visit ***TIED with #7-9 – listed in same order as on Google Analytics***
Not too bad for a blog with less than a full month of "life" to get stats from! I look forward to seeing how it looks come the end of May! :-)

(With the exception of Networked Blogs, I do not list engines, Twitter, FaceBook, etc… I list bloggers and mom entrepreneurs!)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Teresa,  May 5, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

That is pretty cool. I don't know how to really look at the Google reports yet. What a wonderful way to thank your readers.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP