It's Monday! What are you reading?
>> Sunday, May 2, 2010
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. Hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, it is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
I figure it's close enough to Monday here (and already Monday elsewhere), so I'm OK! ;-)
Last week I finished:
- This is so embarrassing ... NOTHING! :-( But, I was very, very sick the second half of the week, and reading just wasn't happening. We had family visiting this weekend, so reading wasn't on the schedule then, either. I should be getting back into the swing of things starting tomorrow.
I'm still working on:
- Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge ~ I'm really getting into it. I was quite bummed that I got sick when I did.
- Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Books
by Maureen Corrigan
Next up:
- Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann ~ I signed up to participate in a blog tour for this one. I think it sounds good. Look for my review next week!
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer ~ I've been waiting for what feels like forever for the day this came out in paperback. I am chomping at the bit to get started on this one! LOL (And, no, I haven't read any of the Twilight books – yet. I do plan to, though.) I'm HOPING to finish Indivisible early enough to have time to get through this MONSTER! (If it's good, as I'm anticipating, I shouldn't have a problem reading it quickly!)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Don't forget about my GIVEAWAYS!
- The Bridegrooms ~ Closes TONIGHT (Monday, May 3)
- Wind Warrior ~ Closes 5/20







12 comments:
You're the second person I have seen say that they finished nothing this week, but it is totalyl understandable. I often have weeks I don't finish anything. I hope that you are feeling better now and you enjoy the rest of your week.
I hope you're feeling better! Sucks when life gets in the way of reading, right? I hope you enjoy your books this week!
It seems like the books you picked are pretty long and life is crazy so it's understandable not to finish stuff some weeks. I really loved the Host (more then I liked Twilight actually), and just purchased a copy of my very own now that it is finally out in paperback.) I can't wait to see what you think about it.
Hope you are feeling better now. It looks like you have great week planned. Enjoy.
Here's hoping your week is less crazy and you get the time to read!
Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/05/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-19/
Sorry to hear you've been sick. I'm sure you'll make up for it now that you're feeling better! Enjoy your reading this week!
Hope you're feeling MUCH better, now.
Last week I finished: Look Again by Lisa Scottoline & Double Minds by Terri Blackstock.
Right now I am reading: Before I Wake by Dee Henderson
Up next is: The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
And, of course, I currently have 4 books on their way to me and 2 coming shortly after that - so I have plenty to keep me busy for this month. :-)
Have a day!
Oh... I loved The Host! Make sure to plow through at first and don't give up. I found it kind of slow at the beginning and have heard of others giving up - but it gets good!
Here's mine:
Bibliobabe
Happy reading this week!
I really enjoyed Captivating too. Hope you are feeling better this week and enjoy some good reading time :)
Sorry to hear being ill put you off reading, it does that to me a lot too. I like the sound of the Corrigan book-must check my library for it. I had a run of really great reads this past while. Hope this week is better for you. Take care.
Thanks, everyone! I'm almost 100% now. I just have lingering effects in my voice. What a time to lose one's voice - while the hubby is GONE for a few days! LOL When it rains, it pours ...
Bibliobabe ~ Thanks. I'll stick with it and slog through the beginning! ;-)
Heidi ~ Wow, and I thought I was busy! ;-)
And now to check all of your posts today! :-)
I am reading that this week as well and noticed you have the Last Christian coming up too....Same here.
Came here from Sheilas and will be a follower! Look forward to knowing you!
Loren
www.heartofabookworm.blogspot.com
Post a Comment