Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Book Beginnings on Friday 5/7

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

Wrapped in a woolen throw, Jonah stared out through moon-silvered evergreen spires. ~ Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann
I like how descriptive it is, "moon-silvered evergreen spires." Other than that, I don't really have any thoughts about it. It could be dull, but then if I think about it, it could be good. Why is he clearly sitting somewhere cold, wrapped in a throw, and just staring? What's on his mind? (Honestly, I'm on page 92 now, and still don't fully know. I sure hope I find out soon – I hate being strung along ...)

OK, I feel the need to clarify: despite being "strung along" so far, I am enjoying this book. Stay tuned for a review and giveaway next week ...

Anyway, there's a link list back on Becky's post (see link above), so make sure to add your post to the link if you participate!

Oh, and TGIF! FINALLY!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy May 6, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

Very descriptive. I like it.

Here is mine

Becky (Aidanvale) May 7, 2010 at 2:33 AM  

I am glad that you are enjoying it despite feeling strung along, I hate that too :-)

Christina T May 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

I hope that things pick up in the book. I've enjoyed Kristen Heitzmann's books in the past.

Gilion at Rose City Reader May 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

I always like learning about a book or author new to me. The cover fascinates me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP