Whatcha Reading Wednesday
>> Thursday, May 6, 2010
Hey, bookworms! This one's for you! Hosted by Busy Moms Who Love to Read, this is just a fun little thing to share a tidbit from what you're reading.
I just finished my previous read earlier today, so I'm excited to have something new to share – FINALLY!
Here's how it works:
Grab the book you're currently reading and open it to a random page. Choose a random spot on the page (I close my eyes and point LOL), and select two full sentences. Make a post (or just leave a comment, if you'd prefer) with the two sentences you selected. Include the page number and title and author of the book. If, by some odd chance, your two sentences have the possibility of spoiling the story for someone (say, it happens to name the death of a character or reveals a surprise twist), make sure to include **Spoiler Alert** before you share the sentences – that way anyone who'd rather not have it spoiled can opt to skip it! ;-) Then link up on the MckLinky provided HERE! :-)
I just finished my previous read earlier today, so I'm excited to have something new to share – FINALLY! Here's mine for the week:
Tia looked around the circle of graying women. One was widowed, one divorced, all with kids mostly grown. ~ Page 125 in Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann







2 comments:
I was supposed to get this book for review but it hasn't shown up yet. :v(
Mine is from "Food Rules - An Eater's Manual" by Michael Pollan, pg 9.
"Avoid food products containing ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry. Ethoxylated diglycerides? Cellulose? Xanthan gum?Calcium propionate? Ammonium sulfate?, If you wouldn't cook with them yourself, why let others use these ingredients for you?"
Thanks so much for participating! You some how manage to pick the most intriguing teasers!
BTW - I have a little something for you over on my book blog: http://busymomswholovetoread.blogspot.com/2010/05/bodacious-blogging-book-reviewers-award.html
Post a Comment