On My Wish List, Part 5
>> Saturday, May 15, 2010
On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own "On My Wishlist" post. If you want to know more click here.
All descriptions are from Goodreads.com.
I have seen this one a bit here and there – mostly on friends' reading lists on Goodreads. It really sounds good.
This one has always interested me. It sounds good. Plus, I think its cover is GORGEOUS!
All descriptions are from Goodreads.com.
I have seen this one a bit here and there – mostly on friends' reading lists on Goodreads. It really sounds good.
When we first meet 14-year-old Susie Salmon, she is already in heaven. This was before milk carton photos and public service announcements, she tells us; back in 1973, when Susie mysteriously disappeared, people still believed these things didn't happen. In the sweet, untroubled voice of a precocious teenage girl, Susie relates the awful events of her death and her own adjustment to the strange new place she finds herself. It looks a lot like her school playground, with the good kind of swing sets. With love, longing, and a growing understanding, Susie watches her family as they cope with their grief, her father embarks on a search for the killer, her sister undertakes a feat of amazing daring, her little brother builds a fort in her honor and begin the difficult process of healing. In the hands of a brilliant novelist, this story of seemingly unbearable tragedy is transformed into a suspenseful and touching story about family, memory, love, heaven, and living.
Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
This one has always interested me. It sounds good. Plus, I think its cover is GORGEOUS!
Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other.If you wanna join in on the Linky, it can be found HERE.
But a week before their joint Sweet Sixteen bash, everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away.
When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the source of Cam's distance isn't another girl- it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King.
Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their “perfect” love can weather an uncertain future.









4 comments:
The Loveyly Bones is a really, really good book. I read it quite a while ago, so I don't remember a bunch of the details (I read too much!), it just stayed with me as a haunting tale.
My mom just gave me The Lovely Bones to read!! She said it was sooo good!
I have never heard of "Fairy Tale" but it sounds really interesting!
Hope you are having a great weekend!
ooooh the fairy book sounds intriguing!!
I hope you get to read The Lovely Bones soon! I know I liked it.
Post a Comment