Blogger Chix Designs

Proud Book Nerd Has Moved

Proud Book Nerd has moved to its own domain. If you've been following me here, or if you're new and you like what you see, please come to proudbooknerd.com!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."— Mark Twain

Review: Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summary: There is so much to this book that it's hard for me to summarize briefly. It's about what God created women for and how to get back to WHO God created you to be. This isn't your typical how-to-be-a-woman-of-God book in that it doesn't offer a list of what you should be doing, rather it gets to the roots of WHO you are, WHO God created you to be, WHY you are the way you are. To take it from the back cover:
The message of Captivating is this: Your heart matters more than anything else in all of creation.
My thoughts: I, honestly, was somewhat skeptical coming into reading this book, but it sounded interesting so I gave it a try. And it is GOOD. I couldn't believe how quickly it drew me in – for this type of book that is R-A-R-E! I found myself just drinking this book in. This book was talking to me Stasi gets me. This is a powerful, amazing book. It was a real eye-opener in so many ways. It helped me see how Satan has been tying me down, cutting me off from God's power and love. It made me rethink a LOT of things. I intend to re-read this book somewhat regularly – every year or two – because I think this is something that is constantly a work in progress, and regular refreshers will help keep me progressing in the right direction. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to all women I know! I think this is a book PACKED with a lot of valuable information, based on Biblical truth, and if women can really drink it in they will find themselves FREE!

My rating: 5 stars

Source: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I did not receive any monetary compensation.

Get it: As I said before, I HIGHLY recommend this book. You can find it HERE. (This is an Amazon link, and purchase through this link will result in my receiving a small commission. Your support is appreciated!)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

So my question is how did you get into Book Sneeze?? It sounds really interesting. Is it all Christian books or is there a variety??

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

This blog is an offshoot of my original – and still primary – blog, Ramblings & More. The more I got into posting book reviews, the more cluttered the blog got – and the harder it was for those who wanted things other than book-related things to read! So, this blog was born on April 6, 2010 as a place to put my book reviews, GIVEAWAYS, and more! Please join me!

** FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed **

Graby My Button!

Proud Book Nerd

Check Me Out on Goodreads

Widget_logo
Proud Book Nerd on Facebook

My Blog Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com | Content Copyright © 2010 Heather A. McBride

Back to TOP